Choosing Flower Essences for Children
Children respond very quickly to vibrational essences so it is important to choose the most appropriate type of essence when using them with children, particularly babies or very young children. Here are some general guidelines and suggestions divided into different age groups.
0 – 7 years
For this age range it is recommend that you only use Bach Flower Remedies. A well-chosen combination of not more than 4 or 5 remedies will very quickly help to rebalance young children. Most children enjoy taking their drops directly onto their tongues, however they can also be added to drinks or used in a spray. 4 drops, 4 times a day is normally enough at this age. For babies, remedies can be added to bath water, dabbed on the pulse points or sprayed into the auric field.
8 – 12 years
Bach Flower Remedies are also very effective with this age group, however it is suggested that you increase the frequency of the dosage to 4 drops, 6 times a day.
Here are a few suggestions to help you get started:
- Revival Remedy - always handy to soothe the emotions in the event of bumps, bruises, accidents or shocks. Also helpful for night terrors along with Aspen and Mimulus
- Agrimony, Larch & Mimulus - for the generally fearful and timid child
- Vervain - helpful for the hyperactive state
- Holly, Walnut & Vine - for temper tantrums
- Chicory, Willow & Holly - for sibling rivalry
- Clematis - helpful for the dreamy inattentive child
Age 12 onwards
After the age of twelve you can start to introduce the Divine Harmony Essences and Chakra Essences - however reduce the dose to 4 drops, 2 or 3 times a day. The Pure Vibrations Essence Sprays can also be introduced at this age.
NB: Using vibrational essences is not a substitute for qualified medical attention.
Thank you to Crystal Herbs for this information.